Weed Abatement Schedule
The Weed Abatement Program runs from February through July, but fire season is year-round. Please keep your property free of combustible debris and overgrown, unkept weeds and grasses. Please contact your Weed Abatement Coordinator to report fire hazards at (909) 931-4134.
- February 28, 2022: City Council Meeting to declare nuisances and fire hazards are not allowed in the City of Upland and approval to start weed abatement inspections.
- March 1, 2022: Weed Abatement Inspections begin.
- March 26, 2022: Public Education Event—location not yet determined
- April 20, 2022: First inspections are complete. Mail all Notices of Violation.
- May 4, 2022: 10 days to correct violation has passed. Second inspections start.
- May 18, 2022: Post list of non-compliant properties for upcoming City Council meeting.
- June 13, 2022: City Council Meeting to declare non-compliant properties a hazard and order that the city will abate nuisance/hazard with costs being placed as a special tax assessment.
This meeting will be held for residents who received a Weed Abatement Notice and desire an additional review opportunity for their 2022 Weed Abatement Action. The meeting will be held on Monday, June 13 at 7:00 p.m. in the Council Chambers. Only residents who have a 2022 notice will be heard at this Public Hearing.
- June 14, 2022: Abatement of non-compliant properties begin.
- August 8, 2022: City Council Meeting to approve submittal of all Weed Abatement Invoices to the San Bernardino County Tax Collector.
***Final meeting in which property owners can contest Weed Abatement Actions.