Giving Back To Your Community
Are you looking for a rewarding way to volunteer in your community while helping an adult improve their life? Volunteering at the Upland Public Library’s Adult Literacy Program is a wonderful way to offer service to your city. The Adult Literacy Program provides free, private, one-on-one tutoring for adults seeking assistance in improving reading and writing skills. After an initial interview, the adult learner is matched with a volunteer-tutor and they meet once or twice a week at the Upland Public Library. Adult learners set their own goals based on their needs. Here are some of the areas where our specially trained tutors can help:
• Tutoring for the GED or citizenship test.
• Reading and writing improvement
• Comprehension and spelling improvement
How You Can Help
- Volunteer your time as a tutor
- Refer students or tutors to the literacy program
- Contribute funds, materials, equipment, or your time to the literacy program
If you would like to volunteer, please call the Literacy Coordinator at (909) 931-4211 or apply by clicking here.