Beat the Heat
Keep Cool & Protect Yourself!
The City of Upland will open Cooling Centers in the event that outside temperatures reach 100 degrees or higher.
For additional information regarding City of Upland cooling centers, please contact Upland Recreation and Community Services at (909) 931-4280 or Gibson Senior Center at (909) 981-4501.
- Gibson Senior Center
250 N. Third Avenue, Upland
COOLING CENTERS LOCATED OUTSIDE THE CITY OF UPLAND: Please Confirm Available Hours Per Location.
- Anthony Munoz Community Center, 1240 W. Fourth Street, Ontario
- Archibald Library, 7368 Archibald Avenue, Rancho Cucamonga
- Armstrong Community Center, 1265 S. Palmetto Avenue, Ontario
- Chino Branch Library, 13180 Central Avenue, Chino
- Chino Hills James S. Thalman Branch Library, 14020 City Hall Drive, Chino
- DeAnza Community And Teen Center, 1405 S. Fern Street, Ontario
- Dorothy A. Quesada Community Center, 1010 S. Bon View Avenue, Ontario
- Montclair Branch Library, 9955 Fremont Avenue, Montclair
- Ontario Senior Center, 225 E. B Street, Ontario
- Ovitt Family Community Library, 215 E. C Street, Ontario
- Paul A. Biane Library, 12505 Cultural Center Drive, Rancho Cucamonga
- Westwind Community Library, 2455 Riverside Drive, Ontario
For people 65 and older, please call the San Bernardino Department of Adult and Aging Services at 1-877-565-2020 M-F from 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. to request a box fan while supplies last. Seniors can call the Adult Protective Services hotline at (877) 565-2020. (Press 1 for English, then Press 1 to “Make a Report” and wait for a representative in order to request assistance with obtaining a fan.) There are specific age requirements for services: individuals must be 65 and older, or 18-65 dependent adults and at risk for severe neglect or abuse.