Reserve A City Park
Many of the City's parks are available to rent for your next get together. Because dates fill up quickly, reservations are a must. All parks that can be reserved offer restrooms, outdoor BBQ's, picnic areas, and playgrounds. Those parks that can't be reserved are limited to a first-come, first-served basis.
Upland residents may reserve parks up to twelve (12) months in advance. Non-residents may reserve parks up to six (6) months in advance. A valid Driver's license or Identification Card is required to reserve a City park in person.
Parks remain open, but may not be reserved on the following holidays: Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve, and New Year's Day.
Park reservations may be completed in person by visiting Upland Recreation and Community Services located at 651 W. 15th Street, Upland, Monday through Thursday, 8:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m.
For additional information regarding our parks, please contact Upland Recreation and Community Services at (909) 931-4280.
BBQ's, Taco Carts, and Food Trucks
No personal outside barbecues, grills, or other cooking equipment may be brought into any City of Upland park.
Taco Carts and Food Trucks are permitted for use when the following conditions are met:
- The vendor must have a City of Upland Business License.
- A Certificate of Liability insurance listing "the City of Upland, it's officers, directors and employees, volunteers, and any other party as may be required as additionally insured. Coverage shall be primary and non-contributory."
Both documents must be received in the Upland Recreation and Community Services Office at least ten (10) days prior to your event. A $30 Entertainment Equipment Permit Fee is required. Entertainment Equipment Permit Fees are non-refundable.
Inflatable Bounce Houses
Inflatable bounce houses are allowed in City of Upland parks, with the exception of Olivedale Park-Site B and San Antonio Park.
The electrical outlets located in some City parks are not provided for use for an inflatable bounce house. Use of an inflatable bounce house will require a generator.
A Certificate of Liability insurance listing with the following information is required:
- "The City of Upland, it's officers and employees, volunteers and any other party as may be required are Additionally Insured. Coverage shall be primary and non-contributory."
- Insurance Coverage must be in the amount of $1,000,000.
- City of Upland, 460 N. Euclid Avenue, Upland, CA 91786.
- In the description of the certificate, customer details must be provided with the date and location of where services will be rendered, and the type of services provided (ex. Jane Doe, 6/9/19, Magnolia Park Site A, Bounce House).
A $30 Entertainment Equipment Permit Fee is required. Entertainment Equipment Permit Fees are non-refundable.
The electrical outlets located in some City parks are not provided for use for an inflatable bounce house.
Park Facility Keys
Keys are required for Memorial Park-Atwood Kitchen (Site A), McCarthy Park, and San Antonio Park for use of electrical outlets.
Keys must be picked up from Upland Recreation and Community Services located at 651 W. 15th Street, Upland, on the Thursday prior to your event.
A deposit of $100 is required by check only, refundable upon return of park facility keys. Park facility keys must be returned to Upland Recreation and Community Services the following Monday or Tuesday. Failure to do so within ten (10) business days will result in a forfeit of deposit.
Due to unforeseen circumstances, electricity can not be guaranteed on the day of your event.
Special Event Permits
If your park activity meets one or more of the following conditions, you may be required to obtain a Special Event Permit:
- Anticipated attendance is 150 or greater
- Event is open to the public
- Amplified sound (excluding announcements and boom boxes)
- Fees accepted for attendance.
You will be notified if your event requires a Special Event Permit through the City of Upland and County of San Bernardino. Upland Recreation and Community Services requires Special Event Applications to be completed in full and submitted no later than forty-five (45) days prior to the event and no more than one year in advance of your proposed event. Incomplete applications will not be accepted and will delay processing which could affect your event. Once you have met your permit requirements and paid permit fees, you will be issued a Special Event Permit. Special Event Permit fees are non-refundable.
Questions? Please contact Upland Recreation and Community Services at (909) 931-4280.