Residential Service consists of once weekly automated refuse (black barrel), recyclables (blue barrel) and green waste (green barrel) collection in the City of Upland by Burrtec Waste Industries, Inc.
Residential trash services in Upland are billed based on the size of your black barrel(s).
Barrels should be set out the night before or no later than 6:00 a.m. on collection day, either in street with wheels against curb, or if alley service, in alley away from any structures. Return barrels out of sight by the night that they are emptied.
To view trash collection service days for your area, please click on the following:
Residential Trash Collection Service Days Map
For information on what to place in the Trash, Recycle or Green Waste Barrels please click on the following:
Residents may order a temporary bin through a demo box or roll-off service for home demolition, clean-up, or yard projects. Contents must be separated and uncontaminated for recycling. Call Burrtec Customer Service at (909) 949-0500 for more information.
Additional Free Residential Collection Services
Bulky Item Pick-up
- Residential barrel customers can request FREE bulky item pick-ups up to four times in a rolling calendar year.
- Limit of 5 items per collection.
- Accepted items: furniture, mattresses, appliances, electronic waste, and other items that are too large to fit in the trash barrel.
- Please call Burrtec Customer Service at (909) 949-0500 one week prior to your scheduled collection day to arrange pick-up, or schedule it at www.burrtec.com/request-services.
- Multi-family unit customers with dumpster service should contact their property management for information on bulky-item pick-ups at their property.
Missing or Damaged Barrel Replacement
- Call Burrtec Customer Service at (909) 949-0500 to request a barrel replacement.
Christmas Tree Curbside Pick-up
- Available the first two weeks of the New Year (flocked trees are now accepted).
Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Collection
Free Used Motor Oil Collection Containers
24-hour Refuse and Recycling Recording: (909) 931-4343