Water Services

Water Services

The City of Upland Public Works Department provides various water services to it's residents. Services include addressing City side water leaks, maintenance of City water meters, exercising of service stops, and executing water pressure tests*. For additional information or to request a service:

  • Contact the Public Works Department at (909) 291-2930.
  • Make a request in person at the Public Works Building located at 1370 N. Benson Ave. Upland, CA 91786
  • Submit a Public Works Request online

*Customer Service Fees may apply for some water services. Any fees applied will be charged to the property owner's water bill.

For questions regarding your water utility bill and to begin or end water service, please contact the Finance Department at (909) 931-4150.

Water Rates

The Upland City Council adopted Resolution 6707 which set new water rates effective May 1, 2023.  For additional information about water rates and charges, please see the documents below.  We thank you for your continued support and appreciate your understanding and cooperation.

Water Rate Study Update

On March 9, 2020, based on a review of the current financial health of the water enterprise program, the City Council approved maintaining the rate schedule adopted for January 1, 2019.  The following information is the documentation for the 2020 Water Rate Study Update and presentation.

Water Leaks

There are two types of leaks that can be addressed by the City, water meter leaks and mainline leaks. Typically, a mainline leak is more severe and requires immediate action. For this reason, it is important for the reporter of the leak to specify the type of leak correctly. For information about how to distinguish a water meter leak from a mainline leak, see the document How to Identify a Mainline Leak below: 

To Report a Water Meter Leak:
• Please call the Public Works Department at (909) 291-2930
• Make a request in-person at the Public Works Building
• Report the leaking water meter by submitting a Public Works Request.

To Report a Mainline Leak:
• Please call the Public Works Department at (909) 291-2930
• For after-hours emergencies, please contact Upland Police Dispatch at (909) 946-7624.

Meter Re-Read

To Request a Water Meter Re-Read:
• Call the Public Works Department at (909) 291-2930
• Make a request in-person at the Public Works Building:
• Request a water meter re-read by submitting a Public Works Request.

Residents of the City of Upland are granted one (1) free water meter re-read per calendar year.
There will be a $95 service fee for each additional re-read request (Service fee will be applied to the water utility bill)

For information about how to read a water meter, see the document below:

Upland 2020 Urban Water Management Plan & Water Shortage Contingency Plan

Urban Water Management Plans (UWMP) are prepared every five years in order to support long-term resource planning and ensure that adequate water supplies are available to meet water demands. The report details a 20 year forecast of how the City will meet existing (and future) water demands.

The overall principle of Upland's Water Shortage Contingency Plan is to reliably meet water demands during water shortages caused by supply interruptions, reductions, or allocations, as well as respond to emergency conditions.


460 N. Euclid Avenue
Upland, CA 91786
(909) 931-4100

Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday
8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.