Resources for Businesses
Writing A Winning Business Plan - September 13, 2023, 9 - 11 a.m.
A well-written business plan can help focus your planning efforts and give potential lenders or investors a positive picture of your goals. Spend time with an experienced trainer to learn the steps needed to make the writing process less tedious and gain insights on where to gather the information you need to write a winning plan.
Writing A Winning Business Plan, In-Person Event
Wednesday, September 13, 2023, 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Carnegie Building, 123 East D Street, Upland, CA 91786
Register today! No cost to attend.
To register, you may click here. Please see the event flyer for information. For questions regarding this workshop, please email the SBDC at email@example.com.
California Business Comeback Guide
New Business Guide - In 2021, Governor Gavin Newsom approved a transformative budget, including the largest economic and business recovery package in California state history. The historic budget includes an array of funding opportunities, relief programs, and business incentives to accelerate an innovative and resilient economic recovery. This guide is intended to help businesses and for-profit entities identify relevant new and existing state funding resources for recovery and success. The guide includes:
- An index of available and forecasted business incentives
- A Finding Funding Toolkit for identifying State funding resources
- A listing of all GO-Biz agency email subscriptions
Calling All Californians: Shop Safe Shop Local
The State of California has announced a new campaign Calling All Californians: #ShopSafeShopLocal to encourage Californians to support all local small businesses in their communities, like the City of Upland, and help all of our diverse neighborhoods thrive.
We are proud to partner with the State of California in its campaign! The State has partnered with industry leaders and small business experts to provide California's small businesses with the tools and resources to help them adapt to the new marketplace and create in-person and online safe shopping experience for us all. Please visit the website link at https://business.ca.gov/shopsafeshoplocal
Some of these resources include:
- Resources, discounts and offers from the State's partners to help businesses operate safely, such as a digital media toolkit https//business.ca.gov/shopsafeshoplocal/calosba-media-toolkit
- Latest State industry guidance and County variances
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) through SafelyMakingCA.org, California's new PPE marketplace
SAN BERNARDINO COUNTY NEWS RELEASES AND COUNTY HEALTH OFFICER ORDERS. Important news, resources and health officer orders in our battle against COVID-19. Click here to read the San Bernardino County Health Officer Orders and News Releases
Guidance for Public Gatherings. Information for businesses in regard to recommendations for business operations responsive to the guidelines from the California Department of Public Health can be found here: https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/Guidance.aspx, specifically guidance as it relates to gatherings and social distancing.
Small Business Administration (SBA) COVID-19 Funding Options. The Small Business Administration (SBA) is offering funding options to California small businesses suffering substantial economic injury as a result of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). Click here for SBA Disaster Assistance to CA Small Businesses Economically Impacted by COVID-19
The Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development (GO-Biz) has compiled helpful information for employers, employees and all Californians as it relates to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. Please click here to access the State’s GO-Biz site: https://business.ca.gov/coronavirus-2019/
California Association for Local Economic Development (CALED) has prepared a page on their website with great information on Federal, State and local resources to assist businesses hit hard by the Coronavirus COVID-19. Please click on the link here: https://caled.org/economic-development-resources-for-the-novel-coronavirus-and-covid-19/
San Bernardino County Economic Development Agency has created a page that highlights the current business relief programs available to businesses, including everything from SBA loan programs to utility programs. Please click on the link here: https://www.selectsbcounty.com/major-initiatives/covid-19
Small Business Development Center (SBDC) - For COVID-19 business resources, and how SBDC can help your business, please click here: https://inlandempiresbdc.org/resource/covid-19/ If you have any questions, please call the SBDC at (951) 781-2345.
- 6529 City Council Reso Proclaiming Local Emergency re Coronavirus
- Upland Animal Shelter Closure Notice
- City Facilities & Activities Temporary Closures 03-30-2020 0245 PM
- City Department Phone Numbers
- SBA Offers Disaster Assistance to CA Small Businesses Economically Impacted by COVID-19
- State Health & Emergency Officials Release Guidance to Prevent the Transmission of COVID-19 in Food and Beverage Venues
- San Bernardino County Urgent MENTAL HEALTH Care
- Small Business Owner's Guide to the Cares Act
- GOBiz COVID19 Webinars Videos
- Executive Order 2020-1 April 21 2020
- CDPH News Release 5 12 2020