Household Hazardous Waste
The Upland HHW Collection Center will operate on the following upcoming Saturdays:
The HHW Collection Center will observe holiday closures on Saturday, November 25th, December 23rd, and December 30th.
The Upland HHW Collection Center is open on Saturday only, from 7:30 AM - 12:30 PM. The center will close during inclement weather (rain, extreme heat, wind storms), on holiday weekends, and when material collections have reached capacity.
San Bernardino County residents can drop off items such as paint, oil, pesticides, and more at the Upland Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Collection Facility located at 1370 N. Benson Avenue, Upland, CA 91786.
Residents can use any of the other participating HHW collection facilities in San Bernardino County. Days and hours of operations vary. Call (800) 645-9228 or visit the San Bernardino County Fire's Household Hazardous Waste site for more information.
LIMIT: Items per trip must be less than 15 gal. or 125 lbs. Waste must be in the back of the vehicle. No business waste will be accepted.
For questions or concerns, please call us at (909) 291-2967, 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM Monday–Thursday. For other HHW collection centers locations and operating hours, please call 1-800-645-9228 prior to visiting or visit https://www.sbcfire.org/ofm/hhw/CollectionFacilities.aspx for more information.
Thank you for helping us ensure the safety and protection of the community and the environment.
Other HHW Collection Centers:
> OPEN SATURDAYS ONLY in Rancho Cucamonga: 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM, except on holiday weekends: 8794 Lion Street, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
> OPEN FRIDAYS & SATURDAYS ONLY in Ontario: 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM: 1430 S. Cucamonga Avenue, Ontario, CA 91761
Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) collection is for residents of San Bernardino County, excluding the City of Fontana, to surrender household generated hazardous waste, free of charge, for proper disposal.
Location: Upland City Yard
1370 North Benson Avenue
Upland, CA 91786
Contacts: City of Upland’s Integrated Waste hotline: (909) 931-4343 or Public Works Mainline: (909) 291-2930.
- Residents who are displaying or experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms will be turned away and asked to return to the HHW collection site 2 weeks after symptoms subside.
- All materials must be securely placed in unlocked trunk or bed of truck. For safety, staff will not enter vehicle cabin.
- Limit of 15 gallons or 125 pounds in containers no larger than five (5) gallons per vehicle.
No business waste is accepted.
What we accept:
- Used motor oil, filters, antifreeze & automotive products
- Hobby supplies, paints, and thinners
- Propane tanks
- Fluorescent tubes & mercury thermometers
- Fertilizers, pesticides & herbicides
- Pool chemicals & chemical cleaners
- Household cleaners and cooking oil
- Personal medications
- Electronic waste & batteries**
- Separate controlled and uncontrolled substances in plastic bags
*Sharps containers may be obtained free of charge at the Public Works Office Monday - Thursday from 8:00 AM to 5:30 PM, or during normal HHW Collection Center hours. Sharps may only be submitted for disposal during the HHW Collection Center's normal operational hours on Saturday, 7:30 AM - 12:30 PM.
**New DOT regulations require that some battery terminals be protected to prevent fires from sparks generated from friction during the transport of batteries. Please place tape on the terminals of all batteries except for AA, AAA, C, and D batteries. Thank you for your cooperation.
We do not accept explosives, asbestos, radioactive waste, business waste, and medical waste. For disposal options, please call (909) 382-5401
For additional information about the Household Hazardous Waste Program, click here.
Used Oil Services at a Glance
Free Used Motor Oil Collection Containers
- Available at the HHW Collection Center, 1370 N Benson Avenue, during HHW Collection Center hours. The HHW Collection Center is open every Saturday from 7:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. except on holiday weekends, during inclement weather, or when collection has reached capacity.
- Available at the Upland City Yard, 1370 N Benson Avenue, Monday - Thursday from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
- Please call (909) 291-2967 to make an appointment to pick up your free used oil container.
- Available during HHW collection center hours at 1370 N Benson Avenue. The HHW Collection Center is open every Saturday from 7:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. except on holiday weekends, during inclement weather, or when collection has reached capacity.
- Made from green waste collected throughout the City.
- Available only to Upland residents.
- Availability not guaranteed.
- You must provide your own containers, tools, and safety equipment as needed.