||This is a representative example of a two-story American Foursquare
residence. Resting on a cobblestone foundation, the structure is
sheathed with narrow clapboard. The bellcast hipped roof crowning
the structure is accented by a central dormer with a pair of
latticed vents. Spanning the facade, the attached porch is
approached by three steps with stone rails which is offset to the
south. A pent roof extending over the porch is supported by four
Tuscan columns set on a low porch wall. Two one-over-one doublehung
sash windows are widely spaced on the upper story. Lined up
below them, two more sash windows, the south larger than the north,
flank an off set, paneled and glazed door. Boxed cornices, plain
friezeboard, endboards, and a continuous sill are characteristic
details of the style. No major alterations were noted. The
structure is in good condition.
On the basis of style and the pattern of ownership it is assumed
that the house can be dated c. 1907-08. From the sudividers, the
Harwood Brothers, it passed to J.E. Eymann (1906), Lizzie Weber
(1907), J.A. Schmidt (1908), and ended up with J.J. Voth from 1909
until the 1920s. Voth was located here by the 1909-10 directory;
he was a day laborer. In the 1920s the Decker family and the
Crayton family are remembered at this house. In the 1960s Mrs.
Issac Habegger, a resident of Upland since 1904, lived at this
address, according to an article in the Upland Courier 11/16/67.